Welcome to the Office of the University Ombud
The office of the University Ombud was established in July 2010, to provide the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) community with an independent, neutral dispute resolution resource that deals with complaints and concerns in a fair and equitable manner.
Statement of goals
- To be independent and to demonstrate the highest standards of impartiality, objectivity, fairness and effectiveness in consideration and resolution of complaints and concerns.
- To be effective by ensuring that handling of complaints are conducted thoroughly and as quickly as possible and that recommendations are well founded, capable of being implemented, and are followed through.
- To be accessible to all who are entitled to make use of the Office.
- To be fair in the treatment of all complainants without regard race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or any other consideration.
- To create a working and learning environment where colleagues and students are treated with respect and dignity.
To be updated shortly